Change starts here. We cannot transform or even understand until we are aware. It’s critical in your own personal growth that awareness happens, I’m referring to self-awareness. It’s about knowing ourselves, what we like, our strengths, opportunities, why we do the things we do. I’ve found this is really a never ending journey of self discovery and awareness. I have found great freedom and growth is knowing more about me. I’ve also expanded to learn more about myself through others, specifically my kids and grandkids. I learn about myself from nature and even my pets. It’s become a hobby in a way to just know me…after all I spend more time with me than anyone else!!!! So here are a few areas you can explore for yourself to get started if this is a new path for you:
- What lights you up? What brings you amazing joy, what’s your passion?
- What environment do you learn best in? How do you process new information? How do you retain information?
- What’s your purpose? You life mission?
- What do you want to achieve? By when?
- How do you manage your emotions, what are your triggers?
Take these questions, ask yourself and others how they see you. Reflect on your answers, journal on them, visit with a family or friend about your answers. The more we know ourselves the easier you decisions become. The more awareness you have creates a deeper understanding that provides choice for action.