It’s interesting when you really ask yourself this question. We can easily come up with answers of what is important to us. Our values by the way are at the core of who we are and who we “say” we are. So ask yourself what’s important to you about your career, your relationships, your family, your finances. Do this simply exercise:
- Select an area of your life (career, health, family, finances etc)
- Make a list of 3-5 values – what’s important to you about (which ever area you selected)
- Now get out your calendar or schedule. If someone did not know what your values were, would they be able to tell from your calendar? Your bank statement?
- If the answer is “NO” where are you out of alignment with what you value?
- I encourage you to have a conversation with someone that can help you get back in alignment with what you value.